NR - Principality

Chris Backus cbackus at peakonline.com
Tue Sep 5 16:20:41 PDT 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lori Campbell" <LCAMPBEL at ossm.edu>
To: <northern at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2000 2:02 AM
Subject: Re: NR - Principality

> > if you are capable of offering a more strong argument,
> > please make them here and now,
> > Now is the time and here is the place to color, or dare I say,
> > educate the rest of us to the knowledge you have
> > regarding "your" side of the issue.
> > Merrik
>
> As numbers go, there are only @110 people on this list.  To
> me that's not even a significant representation of folks in our
> region.  The majority of these discussions will happen off-line for
> anything to be accomplished and, to be honest, I'd lots rather save
> my energy for those discussions.  Besides, I said it'd be an
argument
> because those opinions will definitely step on some toes.  I don't
> think lists are appropriate venues for arguing - especially since
> we've seen how easily one or two words can be misinterpreted.  I
> think I'll just Cover My backside.

I appreciate your reluctance to argue online, the lack of cues can
lead to some horrible misunderstandings.  At any given event, though,
you'll rarely gather an dicussion group of 110, so this might be one
venue to discuss the issue.  As long as it's not the only venue, I
don't think it would hurt anyone.

I recognize your right not to engage in the discussion, but I hate to
think you'd have to refrain.

Hawkins