NR - Principality

Spatsman at aol.com Spatsman at aol.com
Thu Sep 7 22:04:37 PDT 2000

In a message dated 9/7/00 10:04:01 AM Central Daylight Time,
toadams at hotmail.com writes:

<<  support the idea of Principality, but I agree with Pug that this is more
 issue of do you like it or not?

 It will not clear the calender,
 it will not garner more awards for the Nordsteorra,
 it will not mean less work,
 it will not mean more exposure to The Crown,
 But
 I think it will be fun, and having a Crown Prince, will increase
 the pomp of the north.

Well, I gotta respond here... I'm still weighing the pros and cons of this
discussion. I see many worthwhile possibilities with a principality, I
admit,...though Ireland had a northern region declare seperation, and that's
a real cozy wake in the making....orange, heathen....ahem..I digress, sorry.
  My actual reason for posting is the alias 'Nordsteorra'. Now, this is not
an attack on good Timothy, he is using a label that is already commonplace.
It's the name itself that makes me wince. Northshield is Northshield, not
Middlesheild. Drachenwald was Drachenwald as a principality, not
Eastwood...(The Saints be praised!)
Why, then, must it be Nordsteorra? Sure, you can say it means 'northern star'
all day, but it's origins are quite clear. We were Ansteorra as a
Principality, not Atensteorra. If we ever get this principality horse
drinking, can we at least consider something other
then...eeeesh...Nordsteorra? Can we not, if that time ever comes, toast
mother Ansteorra while still being our own particular realm?
No fault on you, Timothy, it wasn't your idea, I just used your posting as an
example.
~Fionnagan