NR - The Principality Process

Burke McCrory burkemc2 at home.com
Fri Sep 8 07:25:33 PDT 2000

At 06:57 AM 9/8/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>How should we begin the polling?  Should we first ask each groups populace
>at their monthly meetings to see if this is what they want?  Should we first
>have principality meetings to inform every one what it will entail?  Do we
>need to do this at events so that if one group is for it they can speak to
>the other group about their reasoning?  If it is not something the populace
>members are for then we can drop it, if it is then we can have more
>discussions?  Do we want to do a polling of online members to see what they
>want, as a head start to asking all of the northern region?
>
>I will volunteer to keep an unofficial numbers track if people on line wish
>to send me their wishes.  I'd would suggest that if the majority of us wish
>to move towards principality then we should start taking it to populace
>meetings and events to discuss.  (Just because you vote yes or no here
>doesn't mean that is your official vote, you can always change it)  If its
>anything less than that that we need to put off our talks.
>
>In service,
>Lady Kelandra Carmichael

Whoa Nellie!!  I do not think that we are ready to do this yet.  This is
one of the things that got the south in trouble.  We need to talk about
this more and take these conversations to our meetings and campfires
first.  If the non email portion of the region thinks that we are starting
polling (official or otherwise) we a likely to get a negative
backlash.  Lady Kelandra, I appreciate your offer but I think it is to soon.

Burke