NR - Principality name

Lee McGoodwin etienett at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 9 10:37:12 PDT 2000

    I think this is an excellent possibility.  Last
year at Namron Protectorate, while I was on the list
field heralding (well, during a break) I saw a bald
eagle.  I felt very honored that he had graced us with
a visit.  I've also, often, seen various hawks. (or
maybe they were vultures. . .:-)        Lady Etienett

> I will add this to my previous list of possible
> ideas, and I was surprised to
> learn this. 82% of all raptors native to north
> america, including hawks,
> buteos, falcons, merlins, kites, eagles and owls,
> can be found in this state
> and just south of the Red River at certain times of
> the year, depending on
> the species. Many are non-migratory, year-round
> residents that could be not
> only powerful and poetic symbols, but actually might
> grace us with the
> occasional visit at events.
>   Therefore, I think local birds-of-prey should be
> given consideration.

=====
No light shines on the mind protected
No light shines on the fangs neglected
Run with the wolfpack.      (song lyrics)