NR - Raffles (legal)

Nolen Dale fairborn at swbell.net
Fri Feb 16 00:25:45 PST 2001

Gitana, I would never ask anyone to put there mundane jobs at risk for the
game we play.
Apparently there is a difference of opinion on this topic even within the
State of Oklahoma.

As you have stated below"The only way there is "no chance" involved is if
everyone receives the same
prize and there is no drawing"

Also you stated that "I was told that if I or anyone in the group that I
play with (and that's a
very large group) was planning to participate in this that I would have to
report it, because it is illegal."

Although all my research and other legal opinions (I have received) do
state otherwise, I will not put at risk anyone living in our great kingdom.

Until further notice all drawings, no matter the intent, or planned
activity will not take place within the state of Oklahoma for The kingdom
of Ansteorra, or any branch located within said state. This does include
any such activity planned for Northern Regional Tribute.

To all those that have worked so hard in this area for the kingdom past and
present, I am truly sorry.

Master Richard Fairbourne
Kingdom Seneschal

:( :( :(