NR - NRT

Staci L. Myers Staci-Myers at ouhsc.edu
Tue Jan 9 06:34:25 PST 2001

Lady Rowan wrote:

>  I can
> only hope that the original intent of bringing the matter
> public was to
> dispell rumours.  What I truly suspect is that the whole
> incident is being
> used as a pawn in a much larger political game bent on
> derailing that whole
> P-word effort....

Nah. I was involved in several conversations on the matter, with people
quite close to the issue, & the P-word never came up. It was simply felt
that something had gone very much awry somewhere, and that the matter needed
to be addressed. Feelings had been hurt & people wanted to know why things
were handled as they were.

As you stated elsewhere in your post, there are very few people out there
with dark motivations. Far more common are simply differing perspectives,
misunderstandings and too hastily drawn conclusions.

As far as the P-word goes, the people that I know who aren't in favor of it
don't spend their time sitting around plotting how to derail it. Honest. (Of
course, that's just the ones that I know). Like you & others have said, it's
a game.

Aelfwyn