NR - Northern Regional Tribute

HEGitana at aol.com HEGitana at aol.com
Mon Jan 1 10:12:27 PST 2001

Sir Alrek,

You made some good points.  I agree that it would be really good to have all
Regional Officers involved, they could greatly help the coordinating autocrat.

However, I also see some problems.

1.  I find it difficult to believe that any group would be willing to put
their reputation and money on the line, if they have absolutely no input
regarding how the event is run.

2.  How likely is it that all Regional Officers would accept this
responsibility and actually fulfill their duties?  Unless the Date is
changed, February is a really busy time for Treasurer's, especially the
Regionals.

3.  What affect would this have on people being willing to hold Regional
offices?  It's often difficult to fill some of the Regional offices as it is.

3.  Traditionally the sponsoring group handles the lions share of the set up
and clean up and staffing the gate.  It seems unfair to put that burden on
them if they have no input into how the event is run.

4.  The region does not have a bank account.  Regional officers cannot make
financial decision for SCA groups.  There can be no transfers.  Will Regional
officers understand why?

I don't know how all the groups feel now, but I would never have been able to
sell this concept when this event was originally started.  Would any group
want to sponsor and event in name only?

Gitana