NR - Northern Regional Tribute

Kelandra Carmichael kelandra_c at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 1 00:40:55 PST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: <HEGitana at aol.com>
To: <northern at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Monday, January 01, 2001 11:04 PM
Subject: Re: NR - Northern Regional Tribute

You said earlier:
"I can no
longer support something which others have turned into an event that does
nothing but cause dissension and hurt feeling throughtout this region. "

        How does the event cause dissension and hurt feelings throughout the
region?  I saw people on my reservation list (I was the feast steward for
last years tribute) from every group in the Northern Region.  The hall was
filled with laughter and conversation.  Court was marked with sadness for
some (the stepping down of the past Baron and Baroness of Namron) and glee
(the Knighting of Sir Aesoph) not to mention the other awards that were
giving out by the crown.  As for dissension, the Barony of Weisenfeuer
hosted this event for many years, is this when the dissension occurred?
Last year Northern Regional Tribute was hosted by Eldern Hills, is this when
the dissension occurred?  What 'others' have changed this event into such a
monstrosity as you would have us believe?

 >For those of you who can't attend, won't attend, don't want the
event, your absences will be noted....but you'll certainly not be
forgotten.

You then stated earlier:
"I'm certain that you did not mean this to sound like a threat, though I am
uncertain as to just what you did mean.

Until all thought of sanctions against the Barony of Namron cease and the
Baron and Baroness receive the apologies due them and their group by the
Administration; until there is some assurance that Namron and Wiesenfeuer
will not continue to be subjected to this kind of treatment, the Northern
Region will remain divided and in turmoil.  Nothing you or I do, nor
anything
said on this list will change that."

    Why is this issue caused the Northern Region to be divided?  You've
stated yourself that "the Administration is to blame."   You are insinuating
that the Administration has it in for Namron and Wiesenfeuer.  It is clearly
you who are making the threat in saying that until sanctions cease,
apologies are received and certain treatments are discontinued the  northern
region will be divided.  Have you personally spoken with the Crown or the
Kingdom Seneschal?  Perhaps they should be aware of your feelings regarding
this issue.

You then stated:
"There are may who are really hurt and sadly will not be there.

Baroness Gitana de Castile
The First and Fifth Autocrat of Northern Regional Tribute"

    The event will go on and they will be missed.  I will be there, helping
to set up, fighting on the field, attending classes, helping in the kitchen,
sitting gate, and helping clean up as will many others.  I hope to see you
there.

In service to my barony, region, and kingdom;
Lady Kelandra Carmichael