NR - Northern Retional Tribute

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Mon Jan 1 15:29:57 PST 2001

Decker, Terry D. (TerryD at Health.State.OK.US) said something that sounded like:
> What the entire mess points out to me is that for a region to be truly
> functional, it needs a bank account to fund regional events.  That way the
> chief fiduciary responsibility is in the hands of the Regional treasurer
> where it belongs.

Well there are only 2 ways I can think of to solve this problem:

1) Become a Principality. This, being a recognized SCA branch, can hold
   its own funds in a bank account.

2) Have the Kingdom open a sub-account for the Region. This is very
   tricky (if it could be agreed to at all) though since as Regional and
   Kingdom officers change, the rules can change. Imagine what would
   happen if a Kingdom Treasurer decides to disolve the account into
   the general fund instead of a NR fund.

Ciao,