NR - Northern Retional Tribute (Regional Bank Accounts)

Burke McCrory burkemc2 at home.com
Mon Jan 1 18:15:40 PST 2001

At 05:29 PM 1/1/2001 -0600, Pug wrote:
>Decker, Terry D. (TerryD at Health.State.OK.US) said something that sounded like:
> > What the entire mess points out to me is that for a region to be truly
> > functional, it needs a bank account to fund regional events.  That way the
> > chief fiduciary responsibility is in the hands of the Regional treasurer
> > where it belongs.
>
>Well there are only 2 ways I can think of to solve this problem:
>
>1) Become a Principality. This, being a recognized SCA branch, can hold
>    its own funds in a bank account.
>
>2) Have the Kingdom open a sub-account for the Region. This is very
>    tricky (if it could be agreed to at all) though since as Regional and
>    Kingdom officers change, the rules can change. Imagine what would
>    happen if a Kingdom Treasurer decides to disolve the account into
>    the general fund instead of a NR fund.

Pug,

Regional Bank Accounts have been discussed by the Kingdom Exchequer,
Kingdom Seneschal, and the Crown on several different occasions over the
last four years, the most recent was just last year (at my request).  Every
time the decision has been no.  If someone wants to find out the reasons
(which I just don't remember at the moment) I would suggest dropping a
question to the Kingdom Exchequer or Kingdom Seneschal.

Sir Burke