[NR] The Nature of the Lists

KTMC- AM 14 & ROCK 105.1 FM ktmc at icok.net
Tue Jul 10 20:17:08 PDT 2001

Greetings!
   I have read some of what has been posted concerning the lists and the
creation of the new one that Sir Burke has announced.
   I do not feel that I have ever posted anything offenseive on one of
these lists. Proper conduct and a measure of civility is due to all,
even when the disagreement is real. Ideally even our differences (as
food for thought, are there more similarities than differences in
opinion that we colectively have in the North?) can be dealt with in a
civil manner.
   I respect the generaly thankless job that Pug does with the lists.
However, I do not have much of an appreciation for the necessity to
consider what may be Corporately advisable to post on a Kingdon-owned
server. I would not have thought this would be a concern that would come
up when the purchase of a kingdom server was discussed and realized.
Courtesy and civility are among the things that should be expected and
to some measure should be enforced on a list to prevent libel/slander,
but the Corporate advisability  of something is, to me, a separate
issue.
   So, I can see where someone would want an independent forum. In my
opinion, if the interest is there and it is not killed outright, it will
stand the test of time. I can see where people who want to discuss
regional unity and fun would want a forum dedicated to that.
   A great night to all!

   Valstarr