[NR] The Nature of the Lists

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Tue Jul 10 20:37:01 PDT 2001

KTMC- AM 14 & ROCK 105.1 FM (ktmc at icok.net) said something that sounded like:
>    I respect the generaly thankless job that Pug does with the lists.

Thank you.

> However, I do not have much of an appreciation for the necessity to
> consider what may be Corporately advisable to post on a Kingdon-owned
> server. I would not have thought this would be a concern that would come
> up when the purchase of a kingdom server was discussed and realized.

I'm sorry that you did not realize this. This is the same concerns as
we should have for any SCA event, newsletter, business meeting, etc.

While the mailing lists are not "official" communication for the
corporation, that does not mean we could not be held responsible for
the content held on it. Personally I don't ever want to get to the
point that we have to find out.

> Courtesy and civility are among the things that should be expected and
> to some measure should be enforced on a list to prevent libel/slander,
> but the Corporate advisability  of something is, to me, a separate
> issue.

I agree that they *should* be happened, but sometimes we need to remind
people because they don't realize the implications and the coldness and
anonymity of the 'net allow people to forget it quite easily.

Ciao,