[NR] Thank you!

Lori Campbell LCAMPBEL at ossm.edu
Sun Jul 22 17:08:39 PDT 2001

Greetings from Barn and Kat,

We'd like to take a moment to thank all the people who helped last
weekend.  There were far too many people to name.  What amazed
us most was the number of times we would go to do something only to
find that someone else had already done it!  We'll probably never
know the names of everyone who helped, but please know that your
contributions were much appreciated!

Several people were absolutely invaluable to us:  Ld. Isaac & m'lady
Michelle who were there to help with set-up.  Baron Uriah who
picked up trash around the site all day long.  Don Donovan, Ld.
Morgan, Ly. Angelica, Ld. Isaac and m'lady Allison (sp?) who helped
take down and pack the royal pavilion (among other late night
clean-up duties).

Our thanks especially to those who brought grills for cooking.
Transporting grills is no small feat.  Not to mention, it took a
great deal of fortitude to stand over a hot grill and cook in 100+
degree heat.  Your efforts are much appreciated by all of us who
didn't have to roast in order to cook our own meat :)

Speaking of cooking, thanks to everyone who brought food!  There was,
as usual, far too much of everything.  Along that same line, thanks
to Ld. Barat for bringing ice cream for 200 people!  That sure
made a lot of people smile and the day wouldn't have been the same
without your contribution!

Thanks also to those who brought ice chests and those who travelled
to get ice to keep them stocked.  Thanks to Namron, especially, for
bringing the large water containers so we could have water, lemonade
and gatorade for everyone.

The true heroes of the day have to be the waterbearers (especially
Lady Dominique) who followed the fighters around with water bottles
to keep them hydrated.  Your efforts kept heat-related medical
emergencies to a minimum.

Thanks also, to the members of the Wiesenfeuer Baronial Guard
(both past and present), and to everyone else who good-naturedly
joined them in an act of great silliness for Her Majesty's amusement.

To Their Majesties, thank you for suggesting this wonderful
picnic and fighter practice, and thank you, most especially, for
gracing our region with your presence and your wisdom.

And finally, Vivat to everyone who came and had fun!  From the
fighters who fought until dark to the drummers and the bards.  We
had a wonderful time despite the heat and we credit that fact to
everyone who came determined to have a good time.

So, where's the next revel going to be?

Barn and Kat
Baron and Baroness of Wiesenfeuer