[NR] a challenge of peace

Tausha Walker celesteeh at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 24 09:38:03 PDT 2001

Greetings to the North.

His Excellenxy Sir Burke said:
<snip>I am disappointed with the somewhat combative
tone of HE Maleah response

I respectfully disagree with Sir Burke. I do not
believe Her Excellency Maleah's response to be in any
way combative. She said that she agrees with the
sentiment behind the idea. She stated an opinion that
we should try to move forward because it took a lot to
get over the grief. She gave an alternate usage. She
even said that Namron would gladly help with the Arch.
How is this being combative?

I, for one, don't really want to remember the pain of
that year. These deaths happened in the very beginning
of my regular play in the SCA. I started playing in
November, I lost my grandfather in December. I missed
a meeting. My next meeting, a death was announced.
Beleive me. I remember it like it was yesterday. It
seems like I spent that whole year at funerals. I had
6 people whom I knew and loved die that year. It's
taken a long time to calm that grief. So, in a way, I
agree with Her Excellency Maleah. We remember our
loved ones at Samhain. We grieve, we rejoice, and we
try to move forward with our lives. If we keep
remembering the pain, how can we move on?

Lady Celeste

=====
As the bird learned to fly free, so shall we. Also as the fleur-de lis is three parts of a whole, so are we....Mind, Body, and most of all....Spirit.

Lady Celeste Courtenay de Montmorency
per bend wavy purpure and vert. A bend wavy between a bustard rising and a fleur-de-lys or.