[NR] Combat Archery Poll

Rumil Fletcher rumil at prodigy.net
Fri Jul 27 09:59:11 PDT 2001

Greetings Northern Region,

I suppose it is no secret that the Northern Region has not
historically fielded a lot of Combat Archers.  As the winner of the
region's archery competition at NR Warlord, I am supposed to promote
combat archery.  But before I can fix the problem, I need to know
what is causing it.  So, with your indulgence, I would like to take a
little, informal poll.  Please forward this around to anyone you feel
might be interested in answering.

COMBAT ARCHERY POLL
  - to determine why combat archery is not more popular in the north.
  - Please email the results of this to me PRIVATELY.  I don't
subscribe to the Northern Regional list, and will not see your
answers if you reply to the list.

Send your answers to:	rumil at prodigy.net

1)  Your status as a combatant.
   a)  I am already a combat archer and will enthusiastically be at Gulf Wars.
   b)  I am a combat archer but will not be at Gulf Wars.
   c)  I am an archer, and am interested in learning about combat archery.
   d)  I am not an archer, but would be interested in picking up combat archery.
   e)  I don't want anything to do with combat archery, but I have a really
       dull life and like to answer polls for the fun of it.
   f)  Other _____________

2)  If you are already a combat archer but are not going to Gulf Wars, why not?
   a)  Mundane conflict.
   b)  Money.
   c)  The BoD's new rules regarding combat arrows made me mad.
   d)  The thought of living in what can only be regarded as a refugee camp
       for a week does not appeal to me.
   e)  Other _____________

3)  If you are interested in picking up combat archery, what is
preventing you from doing so?
   a)  The cost of all the equipment is just too high.
   b)  I am not willing to spend the money on armor for something that I will
       use at just one or two events per year.
   c)  I can't find a combat legal bow.
   d)  I don't know how to make or find combat legal arrows.
   e)  The BoD's new rules regarding combat arrows made me mad.
   f)  I don't know how to get started.
   g)  No reason, really, I'm just lazy.  Either that or I am a
       terrible procrastinator.  (I can never remember which.)
   h)  Other _____________

4)  If you are already an authorized fighter, and would like to pick
up combat archery so you will have more ways to kill your enemy, what
has prevented you from getting involved in combat archery?
   a)  I don't know where to start.
   b)  The cost of acquiring a legal combat bow and combat arrows.
   c)  I don't know if I want to mess with carrying sword, shield, AND
       bow and arrows in the middle of a melee.
   d)  Combat archery is for wimps.  Real fighters fight toe to toe.
       (If you answer (d) on this question, don't be surprised if you
       find yourself the target of every archer from BOTH kingdoms.)
   e)  My persona requires that I die in combat in a blaze of glory.  If I
       were to pick up combat archery, I might actually survive.
   f)  Other _____________

5)  Would you like some help or advice on getting started in Combat Archery?
   a)  Yes
   b)  No
   c)  Yes, but not from you.  I have someone else I can ask.
   d)  I am not going to answer this because my attention span
       only lasts four questions.

6)  My name and branch (optional)

Thanks, everyone.  And remember, send your answers to me PRIVATELY,
not to the list.

Rumil
rumil at prodigy.net