[NR] re: Historical accuracy was .

Marc Carlson marc-carlson at utulsa.edu
Tue Jun 5 19:52:28 PDT 2001

Meryn wrote:
>  *G* Dia dhuit :)Although I havent met either of u 2
> who started thys stryng, if its any consolation, Im
> new...Im interested in becomin MUCH more historically
> accurate in MY persona,  and I have NO idea where to
> start, (beyond reading ten million books Ive already
> got checked out & am tryin to get thru)

Take notes.

> *g* (actually,
> I have started askin ppl to send me their persona
> stories, so to help  me get myne written)

You know, I think if I had to do it all over again, I'd have a
really boring one.

> ...interested in, and Ireland as my ppl. Any help would
> be appreciated, 6 months in SCA so far, all I got is
> my name, culture & sorta period....

Be careful with the stuff on Ireland.  There is a lot of good
material there, but there is a lot of fru-fru stuff too.

At 6 months, you shouldn't feel any pressure to have it "right",
as long as you are still interested, and still learning.

Marc/Diarmaid