[NR] Populace Activities

Susan O'Neal catmafia at swbell.net
Sun Jun 17 00:19:34 PDT 2001

At 08:43 PM 6/16/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Perhaps we could discuss something productive, instead.  We have a fairly
>sizable newcomer contingent in Mooneschadowe just now; anyone have any
>good insight on how to cope with the timing of the no-local-event summer
>days?  (I'm assuming, here, that events are an important part of the
>early learning-about-the-SCA experience.  I think so.)
>
>Chandra

 From the perspective of someone who is still relatively new (2 years in a
couple of weeks) I really liked having a break in revel before going to an
event.  One good piece of garb is a good place to start and it doesn't have
all the pressure and work of putting on an event.  I also know that much of
my learning about things came through setting around visiting with people
at fighter practices.  I am curious about what all gatherings of people
(fighter practices, various guilds and populace meetings) people do that
serve these functions for their groups.  What do you all do on a monthly
basis within your groups and how is it working?

Susan