[Northern] hey everbody

Eric Jackson owenapaeddan at hotmail.com
Mon May 14 09:25:03 PDT 2001

Greetings unto the greatest Region in the greatest Kingdom in the known world,

     I pray that all is well with you and yours.  As I am the good gentle who asked all assembled at Northern Regionial Warlord to make a tabard like the one that I had made and was wearing, I would like to add a couple of things to this discussion and clear up some issues.

     First no one has to do it, the fighters from the Northern region of our kingdom generally fight together at Gulf Wars and other big melee events such as Gothic War and Battle of Three Kings. Some fighting groups have formed here in the North some attached to a group such as the Liondragon Guard of Mooneschadowe others not attached to any group such as Wolfstar. All of these groups fight well as individual groups but when the might of the Northern Host is combined it is unstoppable. As for who can wear a tabard well I think I invited everyone to wear one and by that I meant anyone who wanted to so if you fall into that category great if not that is okay there is room in this game for everyone.

    Second the reason I wanted the Gryffon is over three years ago HE Master Ulf wrote a song called the Guardians of the Star now if you have never heard this song before sung by Master Ulf, myself, or anyone else for that matter I am terribly sorry and will upon request be honored to sing this song for you. However the best way to hear it is with H.E. Master Ulf and I singing it together we harmonies really well with this song which has caused us many happy bardic times in the past and hopefully in the future as well.  I have been told that the Gryphon is the only perfect animal being the sum of all of its parts well I can't think of a better creature to represent the North than that. But at no time have I ever stated that this was the official badge or device for our gloriuos region and if anyone thought that I was saying this please except my apologies.

     Third lets all try to remember that the principality poll was unofficial and that every single group had input. As it has been stated it was done to see if there was enough of a desire for our region to become a principality or not.  We as a region are now in the where do we go from here stage well who knows but standing around and complaining about it does nothing and there is to much fun to be had in the SCA to stand around and do nothing.

     Well in closing I would like to add thanks for reading this and I hoped it clears some things up if not please email me and I will happily talk about principality stuff with anyone.

               Lord Owen ap Aeddan ap Trahaearn
               ap Llewellyn ap Gruffudd ap Gwent
               ap Bredd ap Camden ap Anarward
               Squire to Sir Burke