[NR] Facts

Vortmax vortmax at mac.com
Sun May 20 20:42:36 PDT 2001

Lord Ivar Bulufotr scribed:
>The South has given us two martyrs and fired the first open shots
>in a war of aggression and occupation that has been going on
>for far too many years.

(much ranting and raving snipped)

I guess the list moderation is off now.

Anyways, Lord Ivar, if you believe that this was a wanton act in a "war of
aggression," then I expect you haven't played in the southern areas much.
Having played in the south, I find them to be a genteel and kind region.  I
never percieved any "contempt and disregard", nor have I expected any.  I
offer for evidence Lady Anya's post where she states:

"...I had a wonderful time. There was much singing, music,
feasting, friendly people, and those things which defines the
SCA. I will certainly made a concerted effort to journey south
again."

I hereby challenge everyone in this region who percieves there to be a "war
of aggression and occupation" to attend at least two southern events.  Do
not go with a chip on your shoulders, go with an open mind.  Go to
socialize, go to dance, go to sing, go do what makes the SCA a great place.

--
Lord Thomas of Weathershear
"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher