[Northern] Northern Regional Warlord

Reihla at aol.com Reihla at aol.com
Sun May 13 09:45:49 PDT 2001

I have to say that I, too, didn't know anything about the griffon as a charge
representing the Northern Region.  The first I heard about it was at
MedFaire.  There, I heard several people talking about the griffon as the
"unofficial" pro-principality mascot.  They were buying insignia to
demonstrate their support of their cause.
If that symbol has "been around for years" then the fact was lost on me.  I
certainly was never consulted about displaying it to represent my
administrative region or, for that matter, my barony as part of it.

Since I was made aware of the griffon charge and what it represents, I have
since considered it more of a rallying point for those of like mind on the
principality issue - like a household badge.  I definitely don't see it as a
symbol of regional unity.

Countess Katrionna MacLochlainn, OP
Baroness of Wiesenfeuer