[NR] Crossbow poundage

DAFPIG at aol.com DAFPIG at aol.com
Mon Feb 11 07:30:11 PST 2002

Greetings all,

Sorry for posting to the list,, but I cannot remember the name of the good
gentle I spoke with at Blat, concerning the legal poundage of the Ansteorra
crossbows ect.  As they were very interested in my personal bow and I was
supposed to get back with them.. I thought I'd post here so they may get back
to me if necessary.  Sorry for the use of bandwidth!

The legal poundage on the crossbow in Ansteorra is 600psi.  I purchased my
bow from Master Iolo about 10 years ago.  The reason mine pulls so easy is
that it is only 445psi (as gauged several times at Gulf and Pennsic).  So you
see,,, my crossbow is WAY under poundage for this kingdom! LOL!!   I have
thought of going with a stronger string to bring it UP to legal poundage,,
but like how easy it is to pull.  I hope that helps you in your search!
Please drop me a line if you have more questions, I'd be happy to help you.

Octavia