[NR] Reasoning behind short fighting times for Med Faire

Walter Robin wr at plumes.org
Wed Feb 13 15:03:21 PST 2002

Have you people been to a Med Fair?  There's plenty of fighting to be
had...It's not like a tourney, you know, where fight once or twice over the
course of 3 hours.  No, you usually end up fighting every other fight or so
(maybe every 3rd or 4th fight at most).  I don't see people fighting 45
minutes straight in fighter practice, so 45 minutes, 3 times a day is a fair
amount of fighting, even if you are driving over an hour!

It's very helpful to have a schedule, I think.  That way I can check out
some of the music acts and know when I need to be back to do my share of the
Demo.

She's said that the schedule is not immutable, so there's no sense in
getting up about this semi-flexible plan, which will undoubtable undergo
alteration at the Event.

Med Faire is where I've always gotten the most fighting, and this schedule
is not so different from what has happened in the past whether the
activities were scheduled or unscheduled.

Ld Walter Robin,
Med Faire veteran,
Rapier fighter planning to be there...