[NR] Thoughts on Med Fair

Susan catmafia at swbell.net
Fri Feb 15 07:54:38 PST 2002

>    For myself, I plan to be there with my lord husband (assuming he's not
>on call) and having a good time.  It's amazing how often planning on having
>a good time is enough to make it happen!
>
>Brightest Blessings,
>Baroness Ceridwen Hyrllannerk, OP

Thank you for your wonderful words.  I will add them to Aethelston's that I
am saving.  You have pointed out one of the most important facts on the
whole thing, planning to have a good time will make it happen.  I know I am
often refered to as being rather Pollyannaish, but as I have stated many
times, 'This is my life and I prefer to enjoy being where I am while I'm
there.'  I have seen people having a wonderful time in some of the most
awful conditions and people living in paradise complaining about
everything, 10 years moving with the Army and yes, people stationed in
Hawaii would complain that there was nothing to do..

This is an awsome opportunity for us to add to our ranks.  We can let those
know who come from all over the state about our local groups.  It also
serves as information for the students who love this era, but while in
school only have time to make it to this once a year, but when they
graduate and move they can come and find us.  Many have stated how the Med
Fair was their first contact with the SCA, let us be there to give a
glimmer of the dream to a whole new group.

I will be there for at leaste Friday and depending on the girls schedules
and if my mom can stay here with Peg and the new pup, might be there for
the weekend.  I hope to let as many people as are interested know that this
can become a lifestyle in their hometowns and not just a once a year field
trip.  I hope to see many of you there also welcoming and entertaining the
people who come to learn and be entertained.

Susan the Curious
who remembers going with Sjonna out a couple of years ago and introducing
her to the SCA and is so glad that my dear friend has joined our ranks,
thank you so much for all the work you have put into this, it is so hard to
believe you have been playing for just over 6 months...