[NR] Army of Heroes,Northern Chapter

Lee McGoodwin etienett at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 23 14:30:57 PDT 2002

Remember:  This discussion needs to go well beyond
this medium.  Many of our Northern members do not have
access to it.  All ideas and opinions should be
considered.
   Personally, Gryphon brings to mind the feelings and
strong conflicts that arose over the principality
issue.  It is NOT a name I wish to see for the
north--fighters or in general.  It is also associated
with *only* the fighters and not the rest of us.  I
would like to hear a name that excites and inspires
those of us on the side-lines who support our
fighters.

To the Dream,
Lady Etienett

--- Ivo Blackhawk <ivo_blackhawk at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I think that ANY name other than Ansteorra could
> conseavably inspire the
> type of emotions Celest is talking about. Gryphon is
> as emotionaly charged
> for me as Nordsteorra is for others.
>
> I don't think there is any solution to this except
> for the good and well
> meaning people of the north to talk openly, make
> sure their true intentions
> are known and ride out the turbulance (if there is
> any).
>
> >it inspires feelings of antipathy because the first
> thing I think of is ...
> >"Oh no. They're going to try to push principality
> again!" I think that we
> >should not do this. However, if you're bound and
> determined to have a name
> >other than 'North',  I would not suggest using
> 'Gryphon'.
>
> My two cents
> Ivo

=====
No light shines on the mind protected
No light shines on the fangs neglected
Run with the wolfpack.      (song lyrics)

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/seanetcafe