[NR] Namron 26 Brewing Competition

Barat barat at cox.net
Tue Sep 3 19:23:11 PDT 2002

A few notes on the brewing competition to be held at Namron
Protectorate 26:

Check-in will begin at 10:00 a.m. Saturday. The location will be
announced.

With your entry, please include:

1. Your name
2. The name of the drink
3. A list of ingredients. A recipe is not required.

Basically, this will be a tasters choice competition. No documentation
required. Whichever drink taste best to the judges (and their
Excellencies) wins.

Anyone can judge, though I would hope that all of the
brewers/mazers/vintners who are entering the competition will judge.

There must be at least three entries from three competitors in each
category for judging to be held.

The categories are:

1. Mead
2. Beer/Ale
3. Wine
4. Cordials

If you have made more than one batch with the same recipe, please enter
only one.

The judges will select the top three entries in each category and the
Baron and Baroness (and anyone else they choose) will pick the winner
at the feast.

First time brewers/mazers/vintners are strongly encouraged to enter. If
we have a turnout even half as good as we did for last Protectorate,
the quality of the judging will be excellent. You will have the
opportunity to have your efforts judged and receive advice (if you want
it) from some of the best brewers in the Society.

We will need at least two bottles (750 ml bottles for mead/wine, 12-16
oz bottles for beer/ale/cordials) of each entry. One for the primary
judging, and one for the Excellencies (and anyone else they choose) to
pick a winner from the top three in each category.

See you there.

HL Barat FitzWalter Reynolds
The Honorable Brotherhood of Brewers and Vintners
Barony of Namron