[NR] Mooneschadowe Guardian - Insegnante Competition

Chandranath chandra at plumes.org
Wed Sep 4 21:35:07 PDT 2002

As long as we're talking about Guardian...

The rapier event to choose the newest Insegnante of Mooneschadowe will,
as is custom, be held on Sunday morning.  The Insegnante will be chosen
(as always) by the participating fighters and list mistresses based on
who best represents the finest aspects of the rapier art.  We will
also be recognizing the best fighting record of the day and the most
impressive performance by a new fighter.  Between rounds, we hope to
have a youth rapier competition as well, so there will be plenty to see
and many fine people recognized.

Just remember -- three Insegnantes have since become Dons!  (Well, I
remind myself that frequently, anyway.)  Come out and participate, or
just to watch, because we always have a good time and the fighting
is always gorgeous.

Technical notes:  We'll almost certainly be doing a, um, Ansteorran
Five, which is to say we'll do five rounds and people can mostly fight
using whatever they agree to use, so bring all your toys.  As always,
fighters will be urged to set challenges for themselves -- accomplishing
your challenges will surely be considered when the voting takes place!
Very possibly five Insegnantes of Mooneschadowe may be present and there
will be more than ample chance to meet us on the field.  (If the numbers
are right, we may make challenging the Insegnantes the order of the day.
I'm resting up now, just in case.)

Don't forget to look at http://mooneschadowe.ansteorra.org/guardian/ for
info on Guardian.  The posted schedule says the Insegnante will begin at
10:30am with rapier inspection at 10am, and we will be running ON TIME.

Come see (or be) the 8th Insegnante of Mooneschadowe!

Chandra

--
Lord Chandranath <chandra at plumes.org>, Insegnante of Mooneschadowe
"Per pale sable and gules, a decrescent argent."