[NR] New Oklahoma Tax Law and Merchants

Fitzmorgan at aol.com Fitzmorgan at aol.com
Tue Aug 5 23:13:03 PDT 2003

In a message dated 8/6/2003 1:55:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time, chass at cox.net writes:

> Hmm I must contact my local State office and find out about this. Because as
> a Merchant I get a discount if I send in early which I wouldnt get if I
> handed over to someone else to handel. So if it goes to
> that then I will
> only do order sales at events.
>
> Chass

   Apparently the law is intended to increase sales tax collections at gun shows and flea markets by making the people running the show or market responsible for collecting the tax rather than trusting the seller to do it.  It's unclear if this will apply to us or not, but until we learn otherwise we have to assume that it does.
    If you know of any merchants who might be coming to an event in OK soon please make sure they hear about this.  I would hate for someone to bring their stuff to an event and not be able to sell it.

Robert