[NR] Regional Practice?

David Reynolds oldblue_ at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 13 08:26:23 PDT 2008

I felt that we had a solid turn out.  We had numerous new and interested fighters.  Two of whom arrived early enough that we were able to put into armor.  We did have one archer.  Baron Donnchadh did not armor up as he loaned his armor to another fighter.

I want to congratulate our hospitaler on her efforts at Med-Fair and this weekend.  Both my lady and I feel that she has done a great job these past two weeks.

On the note of new fighters, over the next few weeks, we will hopefully continue to have new fighters trickle in.  I would encourage anyone with armor and particularly loaner armor to come to our fighter practices so that we can get as many in armor as possible.  We don't want to miss this opportunity to hook newcomers into the SCA.  If anyone who is knowledgable in armoring would be willing to host a "make some cheap armor" night, so that we can get these new people invested as soon as possible, it would be a great service.  I can participate, but given that Adelheid is having a baby in two weeks, I doubt I will have time to cooridinate.  I know growth in the SCA has been a concern, let us make sure we really embrace the newcomers and give make it easy for them to get involved.

Finally, we will be having practice at Reeves Park for at least the next few weeks, as most of our newcomers have requested to have it somewhere familiar.

Lucas mor mac Raghnaill> Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 06:44:57 -0700> From: mg1m at swbell.net> To: northern at lists.ansteorra.org> Subject: [NR] Regional Practice?> > As one kept away by mundane matters (I had emailed Baron Donnchadh with my regrets), I was curious as to how the Regional Practice went? Were there lots of fighters present? Was there Combat Archery (and live targets to shoot)? Were newcomers shown more of the Society? It's a busy time of year and I know many are called by their schedules. Just wondering.> > Yours in Service,> Michel mac Donnchaid> NR Archery Marshal> Baron of the Court of Ansteorra> _______________________________________________> Northern mailing list> Northern at lists.ansteorra.org> http://lists.ansteorra.org/listinfo.cgi/northern-ansteorra.org