[NR] GW waterbearing fundraising

zubeydah at northkeep.org zubeydah at northkeep.org
Mon Feb 25 08:03:26 PST 2008

I won't be able to make Northkeep populace this evening to say this in person,
but I wanted to take a moment to express my thanks and appreciation to those
who helped to make the Sweets Shop at the event this weekend such a success...

Lady Kale of Northkeep generously donated nearly two dozen loaves of Lemon
Bread and Orange Bread, as well as a huge bowl full of Rice Crispy Treats. Lady
Kale's breads were extremely popular, especially the delightfully zingy Lemon
bread.

Her Excellency Annabelle of Namron generously donated an exquisite double
chocolate cheesecake.  Several people returned over and over to the booth to
leer and ogle this cheesecake, and it finally sold for a princely sum.

Lady Kayte of Northkeep generously donated nearly a dozen loves of pineapple
friendship bread.  One comment I heard was, "Whomever made that, I want to be
their friend, for more of that bread!"

Lady Megan (I'm not sure what group she is in, honestly...) provided a large
jug of blueberry wine. This was, of course, not for SALE.  But it inspired a
number of generous donations.  And afterwards, the berries were added to
chocolate, and there was nothing bad about that!

Between items sold at Weisenfeuer Yule, Northkeep wInterKingdom, and the
Tribute event this weekend, and the cash-in of tickets, over $600.00 has been
raised for waterbearing and hospitality at Gulf War. My goal was $400.00, which
we blew out of the water. :)

I appreciate all of those who have donated items and especially those who have
purchased items, in support of this cause so near and dear to my heart.

In service,

Zubeydah Jamilla al-Badawiyyah, BQC