[NR] sad news , defeat at the hands of the trimarans !!!!

ld.blackmoon ld.blackmoon at cox.net
Wed Jan 16 21:56:07 PST 2008

i posted this earlier to the ansteorran archery list , but thought that some people might not be on that list , so i am re posting to this list as well .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

greetings

it is with heavy heart that i read tonight the last missive of  Lorenzo il Confuso, Keeper of the IKAC ......( for 2007 )

have ansteorra's archers grown weak ??
have her marshals grown so old as to have forgotten to report on her archers great deeds ??
have her archers given up hope of beating the dreaded trimarans anywhere except on far off battle fields ??

i personally could not compete this last year due to a damaged shoulder .
but ,  to look and see the grand kingdom of ansteorra in last place ... or worse , not even entered !!!!
makes this a sad day indeed !!!
to see trimaris listed above ansteorra in every division they entered !!!
and ansteorra last or missing in every other division : (

i say that in order to continue enjoying peace , we must stand up !!! and do our best to asure that all archers in every other kingdom quake with fear at the mere mention that ansteorran archers will be present !!!!!
not just on the battle field , but on the target ranges as well !!!

mother nature has been very moody this past year, but i have also heard rumors of  1/2 hr archery practices , those who are tired of shooting circles,and those who only wish to shoot " fun " targets ........

and while it is true that a well rounded archer can place a shaft in the kill zone most every time , it is the round target that allows ansteorran archers to be judged against other kingdoms .
and round targets , like deer or bear targets , take repetition , i personaly obtained my highest  ( to date ) scores when i was on the range at archery practice a minimum of 4 hrs per week . ( thats not even an hour a day ... ) ( and believe i can do better in coming years )
fun shoots , skill shoots , luck shoots, are all great " event shoots " depending on the level of archer competing .
but for the best " practice " shoots , the royal round and especially the ikac and for combat ikcac . are irreplacable .
the ikac uses repetition to inhance not only an archers skill , but his endurance as well .

have ansteorran archers grown so " modern "  that we refuse to work to earn the respect of others ??? and simply wait to be raised on high to the supreme archery  condo in the sky............... because we make such pretty targets ???

( ok , blackmoon crawls down from the canyon rim , as the last echo's of his sermon are aplauded loudly by the crickets but ignored by most other living things ; ) ( sorry , i make a terrible rabble rouser : )

be safe, be happy, have fun
arthur

ps.
for those able to go to gulf war , kick some trimaran butt !!!!! how dare they beat us !!!!