[NR] Samhain Update - Cabins, Taverns, Competitions, & Kids

Richard & Rose autocrats at samhaincelebration.org
Wed Sep 3 18:53:56 PDT 2008

Greetings;

  We apologize for sending another Samhain-related e-mail so soon after the first, but we have had many similar inquiries so we wanted to get the information out there.

  Cabins:
  Cabins are filling up very, very quickly. If you were counting on a bunk at Samhain, please make your reservations soon!

  Tavern:
  Our wonderful and extensive tavern menu is now available to view on our website at www.samhaincelebration.org. The cost is $12.00 for the whole weekend, to include dinner on Friday, and breakfast and lunch on both Saturday and Sunday. Individual meals can be purchased for $3.00 per meal.

  Bardic:
  Our Titled Bard, Honoured Lady Adalia Vonderberg, will be running this year's competition. All entrants must perform a poem, a song, and a tale on the theme of Samhain, specifically remembrance of those who are no longer with us, the essence of the holiday, or something that actually happened at a past Samhain event. Documentation is not required.

  Arts & Sciences:
  Our Arts and Sciences Champion, Honoured Lord Malaki David Dracwin, will be running this year’s competition. All entries must be something that your persona would have had, used, or made. As this is a championship competition, documentation will be required. For those who dread the daunting ‘d’ word, try reading this article from Stefan’s Florilegium: A 5x8 Is All It Takes. The tables will open for entries at 9 a.m. and will close at lunch. Entries will be judged directly after lunch.

  Thrown Weapons:
  Our Thrown Weapons Champion, Honoured Lord Arthur Blackmoon, will be running this year’s competition in the standard format.

  Newcomer’s Chivalric Tournament:
  Our Knight’s Marshal and Co-Autocrat, Richard de Vere, will be running this competition in a standard list-style tournament. The field is limited to those who have been fighting for less than a year. This competition will take place on Sunday as part of our full day of activities. Loaner armor and weapons will be available.

  Youth Chivalric Tournament:
  The Kingdom Deputy Youth Marshal, Lord Eric Clawhanded, will be running this competition in a standard list-style tournament. This competition will take place on Sunday as part of our full day of activities. Loaner armor and weapons will be available.

  Mischief and Morsels:
  We will be having our traditional Mischief and Morsels activity. Everyone is encouraged to bring treats for the children who participate in this activity.

  If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

  In Service,
  Rose the Obnoxious
  Richard de Vere
  www.samhaincelebration.org