[NR] upcoming Wreath meetings

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Wed Jun 1 21:10:13 PDT 2011

Greetings to heralds and non-heralds alike!

I'm blitzing this to the heralds list and the northern region at
large, but if any readers know of anyone who might be interested in
the below who isn't on either list, please do feel free to forward as
you please.

Some of you may know that I'll soon have the nifty job and title of
Wreath Queen of Arms. This is the Society-level office that makes the
final decision regarding registering (or not) submitted devices and
badges, SCA-wide. I'll be having decision meetings once a month,
usually at my house in Stillwater, to work on these decisions. The
meetings are semi-open, which means I will be a bit restrictive since
there's a lot of work to get through, and we need to be focused. If
you are at all interested in attending a meeting, either regularly or
just occasionally, please send me email so I can fill you in on the
details.

You do NOT have to be a herald to attend! In fact, in some respects
it's very useful to have non-heralds at the meeting ("can YOU tell
what that squiggle is supposed to be?").  It will be a nearly-all-day
meeting in general (10am to whenever we're done), and lunch of some
sort will be arranged.

-Emma