[NR] Results from the NORTHERN REGIONAL NAMING SURVEY

Cameron Lewis okrabbit at cox.net
Thu Jun 2 20:31:06 PDT 2011

I would like to thank all those that took the first round survey for the Northern Regional naming.

This allows us to take out the names that people did not believe would represent us and move forward with the names that could represent the people in the region.  The list is much shorter now so we need to talk about it amongst ourselves and those that would like to be involved.  The remaining list of names are made up of those that had less that 30% dislike and greater than 40% like in the survey.

So let’s give the list to the bards and the heralds and populace to talk about and see what everyone thinks.  It is now only four names long so they should be easier to discuss.  Here they are in alphabetical order along with some information that was given on them.

Cyrmoden-Cyrm, pronounced Kirm, meaning "A clamor, noise" and Oden, meaning "a court or chamber, floor space, an indoor area." The Court of Noise

Hastmark-Means horse lands in Swedish

Hríthmarc-Means Tempest Land in Old English

Styringeard-Styring, from "styr (pronounced stir) ", meaning "to move", like stirring a soup or a stirring song that rouses troops.  Geard is also Gard, meaning a garden or yard, an enclosure of ground. Styringeard (pronounced "Stirring Gard") would mean the Stirring Garden.

This survey was open longer than 4 weeks to allow adequate time for everyone to be able to hear about it and voice their opinion.

I wanted to get this information out before Eldern Hills this weekend so everyone could talk about it. Please forward this to other lists in the kingdom as I am not on all of them.

in service,
Cassius Lepus
Baron of Wiesenfeuer