[NR] Results from the NORTHERN REGIONAL NAMING SURVEY

Rose rose_welch at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 6 11:29:29 PDT 2011

How were they invited? I've *only* heard about this via the Internet and I read the Black Star and my local newsletter fairly religiously. I'm not saying that they weren't, only that we should be sure that as many people are possible are aware of this polling.

Also, I would say that having a paid membership *is* involvement, so if we haven't reached a large percentage of paid members, then we simply don't have a large percentage of the regional populace. That fact might say something all by itself about this name change idea.

On the flip side, there are folks (like myself) who don't like the idea of a name change, but voted in an effort to weed out the worst names. And if people lack enthusiasm for this change, that's valid data in and of itself.

I believe that the next level of polling should include 'No Change' as an option.

-R