[NR] Results from the NORTHERN REGIONAL NAMING SURVEY

Cameron Lewis okrabbit at cox.net
Mon Jun 6 11:18:24 PDT 2011

I am getting the data together to be readable by email this week.  There is
not much statistical analysis to be done really.  The site tells you how
many folks voted for what and what percent that is of the whole so I just
have to type it up beside the names in word and not in excel.  It shouldn’t
take long.

The next round I would like to get into all the local newsletters and
perhaps even the Blackstar so it can go out to the most people it can.  More
names could be included on the list as well, if we want.

With having 139 folks taking the survey I considered it pretty valid.
Agreed that it is not a very big percentage of the paid members or total
members in the region it is however a large percentage of the folks that are
involved within the region.  There will always be folks that will not care
what name is used as long as they get to participate, or drink, or fight, or
swim, or whatever.

I don’t believe that we should prolong this process to make them
participate.

If there are people that do not have internet access they have been invited
to contact their local Baron and Baroness or myself to voice an opinion.  I
don't know about the others but no one has contacted me.  In Wiesenfeuer we
have talked about this at the last two months at populace meetings, Arts and
sciences, Chivalric practice and officers meeting, and it has been in the
newsletter as well.  I have asked the other landed to do the same as well,
but I don’t attend their meetings much, nor do I read their newsletters.

We are trying to get this information out to as many folks as we can and
this has just been a preliminary survey and it has gone out to the most
active players... you all.

thanks for your help in this,
Cassius Wiesenfeuerificus