[NR] new jewelry making toy

Cameron Lewis okrabbit at cox.net
Thu Jun 9 09:25:44 PDT 2011

I have used the same saw frames for many years to do pierce-work on coronets
and cut out non-ferrous metals.  To keep tension on the blade you push the
frame into your chest and tighten up the blade.  Not really a problem, folks
have been doing it for hundreds of years.  My newest piece has about 30
cutouts in each section and after only doing 3 of them my chest had been
leaned into over 90 times and it kinda hurt.  I also went through 21 saw
blades to do the 90-ish cutouts.

I found a new saw frame at Rio Grande that I just got in Tuesday and
completed 60 more cuts and only used 6 saw blades and my chest does not
hurt.  You don’t lean on it to tighten the blade there is a thumb screw for
tension to keep the blade tight.  It is a bit more expensive than the older
saw frames are although it makes up for it in weight (its Aluminum not
steel) and not breaking so many blades saves time and money.  I got the 5"
frame and it was about $46.  I love it more each day though.

110138 KNEW CONCEPT JEWELER'S HAND SAW, 5"

they come in 3" and 8" as well

If you are cutting non-ferrous metal you should check it out.

no I don’t work for them or anything like that I am JUST SO DARNED
EXCITED!!!

Cassius Lepus
Baron of Wiesenfeuer