[NR] NORTHERN REGIONAL NAMING POLL

Tadhg ld_tadhg at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 30 11:46:34 PDT 2011

Greetings,

I have to disagree with that proposal. I see no compelling reason for throwing away over a year's work because some of the names might have difficulty in passing.

Emma's chief criticism (and she can correct me on this) was to not reverse engineer the documentation. Don't get a name you love, force it through some exceptional test of validity, and be disappointed in its failure. That, of course, would bring us back to starting all over again.

Also, take note of the fact that Emma pointed out at least 3 of the top 15 that could easily be registered...everything else just takes more work.

As for Finnacan's list of conceptual items, most of the names were put together with meaning and rational construction...although we should research German and Scandinavian structures as well.

Cassius is asking for the list to be polled at August populace meetings. That gives us heralds the month of July to work on weeding out the names that cannot be registered from the top spots. By my reckoning, Weisenfeuer will have the first populace meeting on August 1...which sounds like a good deadline.

If any other heralds are interested in researching the top 10 or so names, drop me a line at ld_tadhg at yahoo.com. We can coordinate the results.

Regards,
Tadhg
...brick by brick