NK - Re: Newcomers & Where is everybody?

Vanessa Goins delbosque at rocketmail.com
Thu Aug 12 21:43:01 PDT 1999

Lady Debroa and I are coming.
There are a three different ways to go with SCA last names.
1.  Patronyms/Matronyms (sp?)= Son of daughter of
2.  Place Names= Where you're from
3.  Epithets= What you look like what you do etcetera.

Eg; but hopefully not too obvious
1.  Judah ben Hur = Judah, son of Hur
    Debroa bat joseph = Debroa, daughter of Joseph

2.  Malcolm of Loch Greymist = Malcolm from the lake of Greymist
    Isabela del Bosque = Isabela of or from, the woods

3.  John the Plain
    Eric the Red
    Popeye the sailor.....

But, I digress.  Come to the meeting and you give me the pie in the
face there.
8-P"
-Belle
==
Vanessa Goins A.K.A SCA Ly. Isabela del bosque
from the Barony of Northkeep, Ansteorra

Protégéé  to H.E. Master William Blackfox

---The Suarez Family <somerled at mciworld.com> wrote:
> Some of us had NONE to drink! We're here. I am searching the Web...yet
> again....my hubby and I are still doing research to decide on
personas. He
> is leaning towards Wales 12-1300ish I think. But then I also think
that is
> JUST cause his name was used then (Gareth) and so he can use it.
Hmph. I am