NK - The Guideing Hand...Peers

Addington, Debbie, A daaddington at saintfrancis.com
Tue Aug 10 07:37:39 PDT 1999

Heilsa,

Before I had decided to join, I had searched through as much stuff on SCA as
I could.  I had come across The Guideing Hand and printed out a copy.  It
was very imformative for a newbie, but w/o much detail in the awards area.
I am roughly familiar w/ some of them, but not enough info is made on the
"what's required".  The best I can assume, is that all awards are
recommended to the crown, then confirmation as to whether a lesser award or
greater award might be better than what is recommended.  I also understand
that there are AoA's, GoA's and PoA's.  But those are supposedly the hardest
&/or longest to get.

Too much for me to grasp at one time.  Right now, I think more about going
to events and activities, then I do awards.  I'm into learning......ummm....
just wondering.  Do they give awards for the most time spent learning?
:)

Maidenhair