NK - The Guideing Hand...Peers

Rebecca M. Heydon rebecca-heydon at utulsa.edu
Tue Aug 10 08:01:28 PDT 1999

At 09:37 AM 8/10/1999 -0500, Maidenhair wrote:
I also understand
>that there are AoA's, GoA's and PoA's.  But those are supposedly the hardest
>&/or longest to get.

Um..well..sort of.  The AoA, Award of Arms, is the entry level award which
allows you to officially register your name and your device.  It also means
that you have been noticed for your participation, learning and service.
In some kingdoms, this is granted quickly, in others, it takes a year or
more.  It took me about a year before I was awarded an AoA in Ansteorra
though I know many people who earned theirs in less time.  (You are correct
in your assumption that the other 2 (Grant and Patent of Arms) take much
longer to achieve).

It's good that you're in to the learning and experiencing of things in the
SCA.  Once the event season gets going and you've gotten your sea legs, so
to speak, you'll probably find that getting involved in the thick of things
proves to be an immense amount of fun.

And here's a question:  are you into cooking?

Rowan

end
******
Rebecca M. Heydon
University of Tulsa - College of Law Library
ph:  918-631-3557 (voice mail only)
fax:  918-631-2151
rebecca-heydon at utulsa.edu
"Language is the light of the mind."