NK - What makes a peer?

Tony And Catherine Lackey catan at webzone.net
Mon Aug 9 18:22:29 PDT 1999

Susan O'Neal wrote:

> I loved the discussion of what makes a peer.
>
> Who are the peers in Northkeep?  If they are Laurels, can you also list the
> Art or Science that they excell in?

	Actually, in Ansteorra they (the Crown) don't say what you are
getting the Laurel for--I guess the idea being "If you have to ask..."
:-) I'll let the other Laurels speak for themselves, but for me, I do
bardcraft, (specializing in vocal music), costuming (specializing in
early period), and needlework (Celtic, Norse & Anglo-Saxon).  I do other
things but those are my main areas.  I'll also speak for Mistress Alana
of Caer du Pard, who is not able to play right now due to a killing work
schedule.  She was my apprentice and she specialized in bardcraft (vocal
music), embroidery, and herbcraft.  I received my Laurel in 1989 and she
received hers 16 months later at the first Castellan event.

`					Baroness Catrin