NK - where is everybody?

Tony And Catherine Lackey catan at webzone.net
Mon Aug 9 18:10:32 PDT 1999

This week at work is really grim (my coworker is on vacation,
and the president of our company that fills in at the office just had a
baby, so it's me and the part-time person), but if I survive and am co-
herent by Friday night, I will try to be at the newcomers' class to
share whatever I've learned in nearly 20 years playing SCA about garb,
bardcraft, naming, persona, etc.  One of the classes I taught at wInter-
kingdom before last is "Good garb in one day".  I firmly believe that
you don't have to have a bottomless bank account to have good SCA
clothing to wear.  Goddess knows I've never had one, but I do all right.
You don't have to be a brilliant sewing expert, either.  By careful
shopping, you CAN have garb that is good looking and well put together.
I'll be glad to share what I know with anyone who wants to know.
	The herald is the person to consult about naming practices as
far as what is appropriate SCA-wise for your persona.  HL Livia has many
of the approved naming references for many cultures and periods.  I
understand she is taking a hiatus for a while--Talana, can you advise us
on this?  She is quite an expert on naming practices and holds an office
in the College of Heralds in that area.  Diarmaid can also tell you
about the Academy of St. Gabriel, which I'm told is a very good place to
go for period names.  Also many websites; Diarmaid--URL's?
	If you have any specific questions, I will try to answer them as
best I can.  Oh, and I had a lovely time at the revel--hated to go so
soon but was not feeling well.  Hope to stay longer next time.

					Baroness Catrin