NK - fabric stores

Tony And Catherine Lackey catan at webzone.net
Sat Dec 11 19:23:52 PST 1999

Susan O'Neal wrote:

> On another list I am on, I have heard that two of the JoAnn's Fabrics are
> going out of business.  The one across from Eastland on the 28th or so of
> this month and then the one at 51st and Peoria will close early next year
> also and the stuff that does not sell willl be consolidated to the south
> location.
>
> The textile vikings are running out of ports,
> Susan
>
> ps, just in from another source.  Eastland's is closing the 23rd of Jan and
> a new store will open at Promenade Mall in February.

	The textile vikings are running out of places to put the booty.
With uncut fabric crammed to bursting in my cloth chest, more fabric and
cut-but-not sewn garb in my one closet, all I can think of is "I wonder
how low they'll be marking this stuff at JoAnn's and maybe I should go
over and get some.  After all, it's a good buy."  I figure at my current
rate of garb production, even if I upped it by 50%, I have enough uncut
fabric to make garb for the next 30 years.  But, boy, that red and green
plaid and that purple wool sure was nice...

				Catrin
				Fabric junkie