NK - Great News from Kingdom A&S

Jennifer Carlson talana1 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 7 19:05:10 PST 1999

First off, it was a wonderful event.  The displays absolutely blew me away,
from the oak trestle table to the oil paintings to the cookery to the
gentleman with his falcon (a beautiful Martin's Hawk named Katie, who showed
off for the crowd all day long).  Judging at this event was not a duty: it
was a privilege.

Vivats to Seigneur Etienne, who receive a Sable Crane (the Crown made sure
to tell everyone how much Etienne has contributed to the herald's office in
the kingdom), and to Lady Rosamund, who received a Sable Thistle for
Heraldic Art (and very much deserved!  We don't have nearly enough heraldic
artists).

Lady Sigrid from Namron will be elevated to the Order of the Laurel at
Steppes Twelfth Night.  You may be familiar with her fantastic pottery.
Another lady, whose name escapes me, will also be made a Laurel at that
event, and Lady Hillary was made a member of the Order of the Pelican.

Dairmuit's A&S entry, a reconstruction of the Irish Moy Bog Gown, will be
one of the pieces going to Gulf Wars next year to represent Ansteorra in the
Champions Artisan Competition.  Except he doesn't know it yet, because at
this moment he's in London, probably kicking up his heels in a pub
somewhere.  At least, I hope he is.  I'd hate to think he'd travel all the
way to England to do research, and not remember to kick back and relax while
he's there.  Then again, this is Dairmuit I'm talking about.

Anyway, it was a great event, and the Northkeepers showed up very well
indeed.

Oh, yeah!  And I've got e-mail again!  But I think you've guessed that by
now.

Talana
Worn out, tired, and writing this from her parents' house in Longview,
Texas.