NK - Garb in a day class/Populace/Margrave event

Tony And Catherine Lackey catan at webzone.net
Sun Oct 24 15:21:07 PDT 1999

Folks, I won't be able to attend Populace Meeting tonight.  I seem to
have picked up a nasty sinus infection (feels rather like the head is
stuffed with fiberglass) and I've waited all day to get home so
I can take some high-powered sinus medicine and zone out.  Anton has to
work an 11-hour day tomorrow starting at 6 AM, so he will be couch-
potatoing with me.
	Despite all that, I feel pretty good and am still on a high from
the event this weekend.  The list was so much fun, visiting with friends
was great, and the hospitality of the Rundel folks just can't be beat.
Those who missed this, missed a good one.  Etienne, I'm glad I didn't
have to judge that Bardic competition, but you were in stratospheric
form.  Congrats on your win, much deserved. Also congratulations to the
winners of the Vormund, Throwing Pointy Things and Margrave lists, who
were respectively Puck Oneshoe of Mooneschadowe, and our own Magnus
Finehair Doofus and as new Margrave, His Excellency Hersir Thorgrim.
Very appropriate.  I still can't believe the curveball Their Exes threw
me with the Cornerstone at court that night.  Herrin Sigen said a lot of
nice things about service, but I still suspect they did it so they could
say "Her Fabulosity" in court.
	With all this, I'd love to be there still enjoying the glow. But
after missing two days of work last week with the flu, I'd better be
cautious.  Which brings me to my next purpose...The Garb in a Day will
be held Saturday Oct. 30th at Maidenhair's home in Foyil.  A map and
directions should be available in the Saga and at Populace.  Could
Maidenhair make the announcement at the meeting tonight to reach all
those who are not e-connected who might wish to attend?  And if I could
get directions too! via email sometime this week.  I envision starting
sometime around noon and invite everyone to bring fabric/sewing machines
that want to work on garb.  It's over when we get tired of it or
Maidenhair gets tired of us, whichever comes first.
	Thanks for the assist.

					Catrin
					Snuffling mightily
					(and maybe a little misty-eyed)