NK - Like foop there are no e-mail viruses

Marc Carlson marc-carlson at utulsa.edu
Sun Sep 19 12:32:00 PDT 1999

Sword112 at aol.com wrote:
>Some people are not as computer smart as others and when we get a warning
>for someone we trust we just try to help out by passing it along.  I was
>not intended to tie up the system. But rest assured it wont happen
>again

I don't think that anyone was intending on being critical of your
thoughtful warning.  Unfortunately, many people are upset when it's
pointed out to them that they've spread a hoax inadvertantly (one of
my sisters hasn't spoken to me for some years since I told her that
the "GOOD TIMES" virus was a fraud and if she had any questions she
should contact her system administrator).

These things happen.  Many years ago, I got taken in by one of these
things so that now when I see something about them, I go and check
sites like the Symantex one, the F-secure computer virus information
page, and http://urbanlegends.about.com .  We live and learn.

Marc/Diarmaid