NK - Like foop there are no e-mail viruses

Scott Fridenberg scottf at webzone.net
Sun Sep 19 17:52:59 PDT 1999

Sword112 at aol.com wrote:

>    Some people are not as computer smart as others and when we get a warning
> for     someone we trust we just try to help out by passing it along.  I was
> not intended        to tie up the system. But rest assured it wont happen
> again
>
> Wilhelm

    I've no doubt that your motives were good in posting this warning, and I
apologize if my response was a bit short.  Those of us who have been on-line
for many years know that these things tend to come in waves and the only
effective way to avoid being swamped with various internet hoaxes is to stomp
on them whenever they raise their head.  Everyone on this list now knows that
the various E-Mail virus warnings are a hoax.  In a few months we will have new
people on the list who don't know and we will go through this again, and again,
and again, and again.....

    Merrick,  how about a mailing that get's sent to everyone when they first
join the list informing them that virus warnings, and any messages that say to
send them to all your friends, shouldn't be sent to the list?

Robert