NK - Bardic At Moonschadowe Guardian (long)

Tony And Catherine Lackey catan at webzone.net
Sat Sep 18 21:23:25 PDT 1999

Scott Fridenberg wrote:

>     Catrin wrote many nice things about the Bardic at Guardian.  I just want
> to add that she's not exaggerating.  They really were as wonderful as she
> said.
>
>     Mst. Catrin, may I forward your message to the Ansteorran and Northern
> Regional lists?
	Please do.  I'd love for the wordfame to spread as far as possible.
>  Seigneur Etienne was nearly as good. I've always felt that storytelling is the most difficult of the bardic arts to master.  Etienne is a natural storyteller.  I told him this years ago we he told his first story at a revel.  The story itself wasn't much but his delivery was terrific.  Well the stories have gotten better and so has his delivery.  He tells a story with such sincerity that he sells it completely.   He has a wonderful sense of comic timing.  I only wish
> I could have picked two winners.

	AAAGH! How could I have left out Etienne!  Dang it!  I thought
I had covered everything and everybody, but short-term memory loss does
it again!  Etienne was pure dynamite in a jar!  His story was told so
naturally and without any of the hesitations and fumbling new
storytellers are prone to.  He knows how to entertain and make a point
in a tale without belaboring it.  Etienne, forgive me for leaving you
out in my first commentary.  What must you think of me?  I concur with
everything Robert said about you and more.  You have a real gift and I
thank you for being willing to share it with us.
	I am mindful that since commentary on this subject will have a
wider audience (please do disseminate this as well), I want to stress
that ALL the bards were wonderful.  I concentrated on the Northkeep
bards as I was posting to that list, but all were more than noteworthy.
Ivo, I want to hear more from you.  Come over to Northkeep sometime for
a bardic guild meeting and bring all your bardic friends in Moonschadowe
and we will raise the roof!
	Robert had an unfair advantage in that he had the notes with all
the names and I had to guess at names I couldn't remember or spell.
Again I say that this was a special experience that will be a good
memory for years to come.

					Baroness Catrin