NK - Axe

Nathan W. Jones njones at ix.netcom.com
Sat Jun 24 23:49:16 PDT 2000

> I'm sure Ioseph intended the addendum as repartee, a riposte to be sung by
> cavalier in the audience afther the norseman finished the main song and
while
> the acclamation was going on.  It's a return jibe, not an enhancement to
the
> original.
>
> Kevin

oh...I know, I know.  There is just this little part of me that fears that
someone would mistake the version as sung by Ioseph as the "official"
version...(official is not really the word I want...the folk tradition being
what it is songs and stories change with time.)  I feel the same about the
extra verses floating around to "Vergio" and "Do You Love An Apple?"  I'm
just weird that way.

Gio.