[Northkeep] history endeavor was populace?

Marc Carlson marccarlson20 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 8 19:04:47 PST 2001

>From: the Suarez Family <family at suarez-turner.com>
>Wow! I had no idea that it would be so difficult to accomplish. I >also had
>no idea that it was possible that any of this group would NOT want to talk!
><G>...

I think it's not so much that they aren't willing to -talk- about it, as
there's a reluctance to talk about it for the record.  As soon as the topic
of writing a history, people get all shy, and can't think of things to say,
or asume that THEY don't have anything relevant to say.
Then, of course, there's the occasional question of why does *He* want this
information?  The implication leading to the issue of dirty little secrets
-- and there are a small number (which are spread happily over the back
fence or campfire).

The sad part is that everyone has something to contribute (even you - so why
haven't you written me?  Hmm?).  And if people will only talk about those
things they actually took part in, or witness to, then most people can
actually pretty much avoid the unpleasant bit (since most people actually
had nothing to do with the nasty parts).

>Who hopes that this post doesn't show up multiple times like her last
>one!

So far just the one.

Marc/Diarmaid